Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

I pray that everyone isn't getting too stressed out during this busy time of year.

I've already had a visit by my mother-in-law and my sister's family.

Our eldest daught is finally home from Vancouver, BC for another week and it's such a delight to be spending this time with her.

Somehow the kids have roped me into taking them shopping...again...so we'll be leaving soon.

I still haven't sent out any cards and I don't think I'm going to at this late stage.

Yesterday, we made a quadruple batch of sugar cookies. I cut out the cookies and put them on a tray. One of the kids carried it to our large oval dining table where the rest of the family sat waiting with coloured sprinkles, the little brown thingies, tiny gingerman candies, etc. The trays of decorated angels, candy canes, Santas, stars, stockings, presents, holly, reindeer and snowmen came back and I popped them in the oven. It only took 2.5 hours and then we were done but I have cookies galore. Well, at least for a couple days. LOL I try to post a pic here later.

We took about 3 dozen cookies to our church Christmas program last night. We were all part of the Christmas play. The 2 boys were the kings/wisemen. I was a biblical bystander. The teen was a pigtailed kid demanding a story from her dad, played by a church member. Hubby did the lights. And our visiting daughter worked the video and camera. It was hectic getting everyone's costumes ready, but oh the satisfaction of a performance well done. I'll try to post a pic here later.

But now...the kids are awanting to go shopping. At least it's warmer out there with -28C/-18F temps. I don't mind getting out when it's like this at all.

So, how's your holiday preps coming? Are you ready?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita Mae,
    Your sugar cookies sound yummy! And how wonderful to have everyone pitch in with decorating. Bet your church play was lovely!

    Merry Christmas!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debby, yes it was very nice.

    We have a small church of about 50 or so members and we use half of them for the play but still, the church is full when we present our Christmas program. That must be a good sign, eh?

    I've added a photo of their cookie artwork in the next blog after this one. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by and may God bless you and your writing gift in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, tell me what you think...