Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Victoria Day

Summer is here! Forget the calendar and the weather. It's Queen Victoria's birthday and that means summer is unoffically here. Yay!!!

And to celebrate, I'm blogging over at Inkwell Inspirations about what the Victoria Day weekend means to Canadians. Drop in for a visit and tell me what this day/weekend means to you.

Some of the choices are... gardening, camping, partying, etc. Oh yeah, and lets not forget the good queen's birthday so let me know where the nearest firework display is going to be held.

And if you're an American, the long Memorial Day weekend is just a week away so let me know what you plan on doing then.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita,

    I enjoyed your post at Inkwell! It's one of those ones that got me thinking and also taught me something.

    Memorial Day always means camping with my in-laws and attending the Indianapolis 500 with my family. Both are really fun annual traditions, although the "family" part is what's most important to me!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin, I used to go camping all the time. Loved it. Didn't even mind the bugs because it was part of the whole ambiance.

    Watching the Indy 500 must be so exciting. I've only ever seen it on TV. I'll be heading to Indianapolis this Sept to attend the American Christian Fiction Writers conference. I've never been to Indiana so it'll be quite different for me.

    Enjoy your weekend. Remember your sun screen.

    And, thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate you telling me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on, tell me what you think...