Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Song Spotlight: Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas Canon

This is one of those profound songs that stopped me in my tracks the first time I heard it. I still try to hold my breath so I don't miss a beat. I close my eyes and let the words and music envelope me. Before I know it, my foot is thumping the floor as if it's perched on the peddle of a bass drum.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) sounds like the band Queen and looks like the Swedish band ABBA. And if you search for more youtube videos, you'll find one of the TSO performing this very song. However, to my untrained ear, this recorded version is far superior to the stage performance of the other. However, if you do watch it, you'll see why I say the band reminds me of ABBA.




Isn't that beautiful? It kinda reminds me of Pachelbel, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what you think...